Wednesday, 3 April 2013

New Lipo Chassis for The Alcyon II

I decided for about a year back to have a new shorty lipo chassis designed for the Ultimate, but just only recently got off my lazy butt to design one. It was completed 2 weeks ago and i asked fibre lyte to make one for me. The design intent is to :
1. Make the chassis narrower, so that it will scrape less in hard corners. I managed to shave 9mm from each side compared to the original Alcyon II chassis, saving a total of 18mm. The chassis is 90mm at its widest part, previously it was 108mm.
2. Remove the saddle pack holes, add openings under the diffs to let accumulated dirt drop off, and add mountings for the shorty lipos with graphite bars to reduce strapping tape usage.
3.  To reduce the weight even more. On this point , i have failed, seems like this new chassis is slightly heavier than the old one. It could be becuase of the material density.
Chassis in its original packing

Chassis itself

Superimpose of new chassis over old one, notice the difference

With battery bar installed and with shorty pack in

Completed car top view

Close Up

Another close up

Under View

Front close up

Middle close up

Rear close up

No comments:

Post a Comment