So I was at SACC on Sunday the 30th. I had to test the car "alone" since my buddies couldnt make it. I used a spool for the first time. I ran 12 packs throughout the day. The good , I reshimmed my V3 motor days earlier, and the motor is now noticably faster. Runtimes is also longer. It is still overheating though.
Problems? Yes, for one, i have to keep trimming the steering, and I had no idea why. Until I went home and took a very close look.
1. the right front knuckle lost a lower kingpin screw, because the knuckle thread has gotten weak. Removed the old knuckle tossed it and replaced with new one.
2. One of the rear wheel had a lot of slop, I looked closely then I found out why, the knuckle has a crack along the hingepin hole, causing it to expand as it is forced. No big deal, toss the old one replace with new.
3. The rear hingepin holder was moving left and right by 0.2 to 0.3mm. I had a suspicion that the 1st aliexpress chassis I bought had the rear bulkhead countersunk screws about 0.2mm further apart causing the gap. So i removed that chassis and installed another chassis i bought from a different aliexpress supplier . This new chassis made the hingepin holder real tight and couldnt move around. So i guess the car wondering the track is because the rear toe in was shifting left and right . Now I solved that problem for good.
4. I bought a new Surpass V7 motor from aliexpress and still waiting for it to come, its faster and more efficient, and very much lighter at 142g.
Overall the car perfomed quite well, i was able to catch up to some of the modern cars, even with these problems. The net round the car should be even better when everything is fixed and aligned correctly.
No comments:
Post a Comment