I guess I can't start this post without explaining my situation. As a human being, we are trapped within the capitalist financial system. I am currently nearing 51. In Malaysia we have our retirement fund called Kwsp. 2026 has been a very eventful year, from the controversial US president starting a war with Iran, and me breaking my left foot toe a few days into the new year. My wife kept pestering me to check my Kwsp money and I finally did in June.
I also just found out that I could keep the money in Kwsp itself and just withdraw the dividends for the previous year. That way it could act like a perpetual pension fund that will never deplete till end of your life or 100 years of age.
I asked my wife and brother if they knew that and they didn't know. My brother as well as I were excited and we promptly tried to put as much money as we can scrounge at this time into that fund. We only have a little less than 5 years left to grow that fund.
My wife on the other hand didn't think much about escaping the rat race, because.. well she loves her job. Me and my brother... We hate our jobs. We only work because we have too. I would rather spend my free time with my family, dogs and my rc cars.
My situation now is while I am not poor, I am also not rich. My funds are limited. In order to have free time once I reach 55, I need to sacrifice my disposable income now till 2031.
So that means cutting down on rc spending as much as possible. No new car kits. It's not that difficult in that sense as there is one more thing required besides money in this hobby, and that is TIME.
My job requires me to sacrifice a lot of my time. 9am to 7pm Monday to Friday. 10am to 4pm on Saturdays.
Have to work on public holidays too. It's not easy to get a job in Malaysia that pays what I have now, besides the finish line is kinda near so best not to disturb it.
Of course if I win 1st prize in Toto 4D jackpot or toto 6/50, I can retire immediately and still build my retirement fund till I reach 55. But thus far, no luck. I have been trying since April this year. I am not greedy. I only need RM1 million. That would buy me 5 years of my salary and 5 years of topping up my Kwsp. After which I could access the Kwsp once I deplete the lottery winnings. I could spend a lot more time on RC cars right away instead of spending my waking hours for a greedy CEO ... I wish...
Anyway what is all this coming to? Well a friend of mine wanted to help me so he is giving away his 2022 sakura cero Ultra V1 to me. So this could be the last year that I actively use the Kawada Alcyon II.
I don't know if I would jive with the car, but I am willing to give it a try.
I will probably keep the Kawada as it is, so I can take for a spin anytime in the future.
On this note, yeah 2026 is a year of upheavals, revivals and excitement.
So here is hoping for more good news for this year. HINT.. TOTO 1st prize please pleaee pretty please 😁.
No comments:
Post a Comment